2017 in Review
I must say, 2017 was a pretty good year for me. So many exciting things took place! This year, I:
- Started my role as the digital & social media associate for the City of Detroit.
- Met Maxine Waters, Isabel & Ruben Toledo, Hill Harper, Big Sean and Miguel (and snapped pics with them, of course).
- Rocked some crochet braids.
- Saw Motown the Musical (shout out to Groupon).
- Went to the Joe Louis Arena for the first (and last) time. RIP.
- Served on a jury (it was an experience, y'all).
- Had a tea party with my girlfriends.
- Traveled to NOLA for the Essence Festival.
- Got an amazing summer tan.
- Saw Solange perform live TWICE.
- Got to (legally) go to the top floor of the Train Station and look down at the city.
- Did my best two-step in Detroit Not Sorry's promo video.
- Went to the premiere of the Detroit movie. Although I didn't like the film, getting to walk across a red carpet was cool.
- Went to and worked during MoPop.
- Went to the opening night of the D-Cyphered photo exhibit at the DIA with my boo (thanks for the tickets, Asmaa!).
- Went to Fash Bash at the DIA.
- Cut off all my hair.
- Met my editorial idol, Elaine Welteroth in Chicago.
- Went to the Capitol building in Lansing.
- Went to the Michigan Women's Foundation's Influence '18 event.
- Got a free Shinola journal (because I definitely wasn't buying one for myself).
- Attended and worked Mayor's election night party with my work family.
- Started getting serious about saving more money.
- Got back into the habit of reading for leisure.
- Spent time with my loved ones.
I'm really proud of myself for all of my accomplishments. I made a list of things I wanted to get done this year, and while I didn't check off every single box, I believe that I set a good foundation that will carry me into 2018.
I plan on making a very reasonable and attainable 2018 resolution list that I'm going to share later this week, but in the meantime, I'd love to know how 2017 treated you all!